100% Money-Back Guarantee
Designed & Tested
by Artists for Artists
Expertly Handcrafted Brushes For Oil and Acrylic
Feel Your Art Beating
14-pc Set Specific to Oil & Acrylic Painting
Designed by artists for artists with all you need for these mediums; Filbert 4, 6, 8, 10, & 12, Flat 3, Bright 7, Angle 8, Round 2, Rigger 4, Detail Round 00, Fan 3, Wide Flat 1” brushes, and a palette knife
Flawless Performance At The Highest Level
6 natural Chungking hog-hair oil paint brushes are strong yet springy and exceptional to work with, holding lots of paint; 7 badger bristle brushes (70% badger, 30% synthetic) ideal for blending oil paint and making beautiful brush strokes
Holds Shape even with Heavy Use
ZenART's Renoir Collection paint brushes are meticulously designed for continued precise work, making them ideal for oil and heavy-body acrylics with high consistency; they are firm and responsive, resilient to washing, and won't shed.
Long Handles for full Expression
Made for working on large canvases or while standing at an easel, these exquisite birch wood brush handles are covered with 7 layers of UV coating to prevent flaking, and provide slip & wear resistance.
Handcrafted by Master Brush Makers
Each ZenART paintbrush is meticulously handcrafted by master brush makers using complex methods that require high precision and years of experience.
Why Choose ZenART
Purchase with a purpose
Through B1G1, a portion of the proceeds of every ZenART fine art tool you purchase goes to supporting powerful projects that make global life-changing impacts. ZenART supports initiatives working to help women and children suffering from poverty, inequality, and injustices.
Professional Artist & Co-founder: Ardak Kassenova
We are a company founded and run by passionate artists and art enthusiasts. Ardak Kassenova created ZenART with the belief that its clients would never be just a number, but a name, and a real person. Each customer is personally invited to join the growing community of artists that she started—to support and inspire one another, and to continuously improve ZenART products based on real artist feedback.
Designed by Artists for Artists
Each ZenART fine art tool is designed and developed in close collaboration with professional artists and creatives, combined with Ardak Kassenova's personal experience.
Trusted by professionals Brand: Anastasia Shimshilashvili, ZenART's brand ambassador
Anastasia Shimshilashvili, known as Shima (@art.shima), is a London-based artist, author and teacher who creates realistic paintings whilst running her own successful YouTube Art channel ART Shima. After teaching for over 15 years, Shima developed a comprehensive teaching method (#shimamethod) that has helped many aspiring artists all over the world to get to a completely new level in their art. Renoir and Artist's Choice brushes by ZenART are favorite brushes of Shima for oil painting.
High Performance Oil & Acrylic Brushes That Take The Pain Out Of Painting
Renoir Collection Video
Stories from real people, real artists. Read what they have to say about our fine art tools, designed by artists, for artists.
I have some ZenART watercolour brushes, so thought I would give these a go, they are excellent value for money, and lovely quality, I was very impressed by the brush set. They clean up really easily and feel and look as good as new after using them. I bought the set of brushes and palette knife and case, it works out to be a very inexpensive but quality set. I would recommend them.
I love these brushes! What a perfect combination of my favourite filbert brushes with other useful shapes, and coming in a flagged hog and super smooth badger blend. The satin carry case is practical and does its job. I highly recommend it to anyone if you are looking for a good set of brushes at a great price, and help the family business who cares and contributes to the future of our society.
Since I bought Renoir collection brushes, I've dramatically improved the range of techniques I can use, and this is my little secret. Lovely set for a fraction of a price if you try to buy anything similar in the high street art shop.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee:
We know you'll love our fine art tools as much as we do and we aim to provide the best ones for your artistic practice. If that's not us, then don't fret. We proudly offer a 60-day 100% money-back guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Good question! There's a complex manual process behind making each brush, and all the methods require high precision and years of experience. Let us try to give you a general overview of how these beautiful brushes are made:
- A ZenART Renoir brush is handcrafted with a brush handle made of genuine and exquisite lacquered birch wood and seven layers of UV coating. The bristles are manually formed using different techniques for specific shapes, tightly tied, combed, gripped by a non-rust nickel ferrule, glued with a precise injection of special glue. After drying, the ferrule holding the bristles is double-crimped to the handles to fasten securely. The brushes are then inspected again to remove any ‘floating shorts' —bristles which may sometimes remain, especially in larger sized brushes or round shapes, and cause initial ‘shedding' during breaking in period. After a thorough inspection, the brushes are then protected and sized before getting packed.
These brushes are ‘trained' to maintain their shape even after heavy use and provide consistent control whatever art project you're working on. Using elegant seven-times-lacquered birch wood long handles allows for a luxurious feeling of unrivalled balance, particularly during intricate and exacting strokes. The use of high-quality badger and synthetic bristle mix on these brushes also made them very sturdy. And of course, they'll last even longer if you take good care of them.
Yes! These brushes are high quality, and many professional artists praise them for their fantastic performance, thoughtful variety of sizes and beautiful design. When it comes to art materials and tools, a famous saying among the artists and the art tutors is that ‘One should buy the best quality one can afford.' It's so true, especially for beginner artists, who are still building up their confidence and knowledge of techniques. The best art tools will help accelerate progress and keep you motivated to paint and experiment with new techniques.
Considering the value for money we offer for such an extensive artist-quality set, including the guides, tutorials and advice, you'll make a significant long-term gift for yourself or other artists, whether beginners to advanced and professionals.
In order to bring you the best quality brushes intact we apply special protective solution to keep the tips of the brushes in the original shape.
We also wrap the brushes in transparent films, and it's done to protect and waterproof the brushes for transit. We want to make sure that you receive your oil paint brush set in its best state, wherever you are in the world.
It also serves as a seal of guarantee to our customers and our return department that the brushes have never been used before. In some cases, we experience customers returning used brushes and these are not re-sold. Having these plastic films ensures that you received a brand-new set.
Our Renoir Choice collection brushes are easy to clean and maintain:
- For new brushes: First, always remove the transit solution by washing the brushes with mild soap and lukewarm water. Slightly massage between the bristles on the palm of your hand, letting any floating bristles to be washed away, if any, especially in large sized-brushes.
- For regular cleaning or every after painting: Clean the brushes well with soap every after use—before the paint dries— to avoid damage from paint build-up at the base of the ferrule. Do not push the brushes too hard into your palms.
- For acrylics: Wash the brushes with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- For oil: Wipe excess oil paint with tissue paper. Using a small amount of toxic-free solvent, rinse all leftover oil paint build up and wipe clean. We recommend toxic-free solvents as they are safer. Wash the brushes with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- We recommend using vegetable oil-based soap, gentle to the bristles and your skin.
- After rinsing thoroughly, use a microfiber or other absorbent towel to remove excess water.
- Gently reshape the bristles with your fingers, and let it dry naturally on a horizontal or flat surface.
Brush Care Tips:
- Never leave the brushes soaked in water or solvent, as this will ruin your brushes and cause damage to the bristles, glue and handle.
- From time to time, and for optimum results, you can apply a special lanolin-based brush conditioner (optional), for TLC and extra longevity of your brushes.
- Follow our recommended cleaning guide above to reduce possible initial ‘break-in shedding', which might be just short bristles not glued inside the ferrule that are trapped between the longer bristles.
- After washing and drying, always gently reshape the bristles with your fingers, and let it dry naturally on a horizontal or flat surface.
- Shedding: It is natural for brushes to shed lightly. Minimal shedding is common especially while you break them in. To reduce problems of shedding, ZenART has crafted these oil and acrylic brushes by blending badger with the finest Japanese synthetic fibers. The brushes lose fewer bristles and normally don't shed at all. In rare occasions, it might happen, and such cases are significantly less compared to other ones on the market. Reasons can be any of the following:
- Using brushes before removing the transit solution
- Harsh “breaking-in” of new brushes. We suggest trying the above method of cleaning, drying horizontally, and gently removing any floating bristles while dry, before giving up on your brushes. It's breaking in process, and quite common for the natural bristles.
- Misuse and ruining of the brushes due to harsh chemicals, abrasive surfaces, soaking brushes in water or other solution, vertically letting them stand and loosening the glue.
- In extreme cases, manufacturing defects, when not enough glue was applied and the brush (losing bristles long enough to be potentially glued in the ferrule, not floating shorts). In such situations, we are here to support you, too, and offer our help to resolve any issues.
The Renoir collection brushes are long-handled for full expression with oil or acrylic paints. These brushes are made for working on large canvases or while standing with an easel. The exquisite birch wood brush set also has seven layers of UV coating to prevent flaking, and provide slip & wear resistance.
We only want you to find the best fine art tools that you will enjoy using. If that's not us, don't fret. We offer a 1-year guarantee and 100% money-back for 60 days. Just drop us a few lines about your issue, send them to our email address: email@example.com or scan the QR Code to get a quicker response:
I am a beginner & these brushes are sweet! So far even as a beginner you should purchase the best you can. For me these are the best
This 14 set of brushes was a gift and I love the fine detailed brush the best! Great packaging with the soft rollable brush holder. The filbert brushes are so easy to use and load acrylic paint well. ZenART has the very best customer service imaginable! They will take care of you to make sure you are a happy, repeat customer. Very caring and will answer every question. I highly recommend this company!
I liked this set. Comfortable and high-quality brushes, durable palette knife! I really liked the pencil case in which they are sold! It's convenient to carry! Excellent combination of quality and price!
Thanks so much for your feedback, Jan! Love the details on your horse paintings.- Ryan
The best brushes for oil paints. The highest quality and most comfortable brushes that I have used. Ideal for underpainting and when writing the work itself
We can't thank you enough for the kind words about our Renior Collection Brushes.
Sets of brushes Renoir Collection
I really liked this set of brushes, as well as the attentiveness to my problem with the order and the help of the store employees. Thank you so much.
I have waited a long time to get a brush set like these. I will treasure them for as long as I keep painting.
I have used these brushes with oil paints and been happy so far. I like the softness and agility of the bristles as well as long wooden handle. Let's see for how long they last, but as of now no disappointments with shedding or deformation of the bristles.
I love these brushes they are thick animal hair and smooth on canvas. Absolutely recommend and will be buying from them again! And the company is super nice, I had communications with them and they were extremely helpful, above and beyond.