ZenART is a rapidly growing art supplies brand. We distribute high-quality art products and supplies throughout North America, UK and across Europe with plans to expand into other international marketplaces in other regions. ZenART aims to help reshape the creative industry by building an art brand that inspires people to not only improve and grow as an artist but also on a personal level.
The driving force behind our success is our high-calibre team that’s run by remote experts, and as we are approaching a scale-up, we are on the lookout for the right people to fill additional roles. We take pride in being able to offer you comprehensive training, a fantastic mentoring program and opportunities for advancement within the ZenART family. So if you think you’re a good fit, we’d love to meet you.
Our Art Writer will be working closely with the creative director and the content team to write articles that are both informative and engaging. Our art writer will be on the lookout for informative news stories about what’s going on in the art scene. He or she must be comfortable discussing and responding to visual art related topics, examining the ways they intersect with culture, business and act as a looking glass for our artist community.
Our art writer must also have the ability to:
- Do detailed reporting about artists and art organizations for news stories and interview-based features.
- Show an ability to understand the art community and take stock of its capabilities and impediments when it comes to the cultural arts, using that as a context for all reviews and reports.
- Research stories using personal contacts, database and/or the Web; finds the most relevant sources for information; develops a list of knowledgeable, diverse sources.
- Write stories that are clear and concise, using words, sentence construction and organizational format that aid clarity.
- Write content that is engaging but also constructive and supports the customer journey.
- Write longer, in-depth stories for placement in digital and print.
- Consistently produce sophisticated stories from conversations with co-workers, sources and other members of the community.
- Write curated content that provides sufficient context and displays the writer’s expertise.
- Provide timely information to the photographers, web editors, graphic artists and presentation editors.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Art Studies or related field
- Proven experience within the arts and/or arts-based journalism.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships and maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills with excellent follow-through
Strong organisation and prioritisation skills with excellent follow-through
Digital skills: Prioritizes delivery of relevant content for immediate dissemination on our digital platforms, when appropriate and under the guidance of supervisors. Develops and maintains skills needed to provide the photo, video and audio components of a story.
Accuracy and ethics: Produces work that is accurate in fact, tone and implication. Understands and follows libel law and the rules governing plagiarism.
Communication: Discusses original and assigned story ideas with supervising editor, maintaining an accurate planning document to be shared.
Organizational skills: Develops a systematic approach to developing a beat to quickly achieve a high level of knowledge and relevant contacts. Works with supervising editor to meet deadlines and assigned story lengths.
Professional development: Works with supervising editor to develop and/or improve reporting and writing skills. Seeks out and participates in training opportunities to improve skills.
Flexibility: Reacts to change productively and handles other duties as assigned.
If you are ready to help us expand and grow to the next level then we want you to apply RIGHT now!
*** IMPORTANT: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DETAILS AND EMAIL***
- Fill out this form
- Send us an email (email@example.com) notifying us that you have submitted your answers. Start your application email with the subject “I am your new ART WRITER – MY FULL NAME”. (Ensure you add your name into the email subject line where it says MY FULL NAME)