Artist Tips & Tricks , Inspiration Easy and Simple DIY Christmas Cards At Home
Aside from the yearly tradition of family reunions and gift-giving, greeting our loved ones in a special way is something that we all look forward to during the holiday season. It is a common practice to give away greeting cards to friends, family, and loved ones — especially those who live far away from us, as a symbol of remembrance on this special occasion.
Christmas cards are usually readily available in your neighbourhood bookstore or arts and crafts shop. It is convenient, complete with a heartfelt message printed out, and you only need to sign with your name before sending it out. However, nothing speaks of love more than hand-made gifts, especially during this holiday season. Creating your own DIY Christmas cards for your friends and loved ones will surely make them feel special. If you’re already getting crafty with your decors and menu, it’s time to get your hands on some craft materials and dabble into customising your greeting cards! Below, we’ll show you a few examples of easy DIY tutorials that you can put into practice, and can even serve as a great bonding activity between you and your family.
This one is a relatively easy and simple craft to do!
- Start by preparing a dark-coloured paper of your preference, and fold it in half to make a card.
- Then, grab a bottle of glue (preferably mod podge) and then your choice of glitter color. Gold? Silver? White? It’s up to you.
- Choose your desired Christmas symbol and paint it on the paper using the mod podge mixture — (in this case, a tree was painted), and let dry.
- Once it is sticky enough, sprinkle some glitter over it until it adheres. This will serve as your “paint”, and you may shake off the excess later on.
- Et voila! Click here for the full tutorial.
DIY Christmas cards, gold glitter on midnight blue cardboard
[easy-tweet tweet=”Nothing speaks of love more than hand-made gifts, especially during the Holidays. ” url=”https://www.zenartsupplies.co/?p=901&preview=true” template=”light”]
These greeting cards made out of thumbnail reindeers is something fun to do with the kids!
- Get a white cardboard, and fold it into your desired card size. Cut the excess paper if necessary
- Put a tiny amount of brown paint in your palette, and and dilute it with water
- The mixture should be just right. Not too sticky, and not too watery. Once it is ready, call everyone around the house!
- Here’s the fun part: Ask each family member to dip their thumb in the paint, and leave their thumb impression onto the paper. This will serve as the reindeer head, but also a representation of that person’s presence in creating the card.
- You can customise it by putting the person’s name below his/her thumbprint.
- Afterwards, feel free to use a pen and doodle any additional design you may want to add.
- You can check out the full tutorial here.
Recycled Paper Tree
A really cost-efficient activity, you will spend next to nothing in creating these recycled paper trees! We’re pretty sure that everyone has some cute scrap paper lying around the house that’s not really put into any use. Now’s the time to grab them and lay them on the table.
- Collect various scrap papers. It could be anything.
- Cut vertical strips of different lengths from these scrap papers
- Get a cardboard of your preference, and fold it in two to create a card
- Place your paper strips on top of your card and form a tree
- Paste them
- Add a glorious star on top to finish it off
- Surprise! You now have your own sets of mini Christmas trees.
- You can check out the full tutorial here.
At ZenART Supplies, we wish you good luck in making your own Christmas cards, and always remember to have fun! We have some more Christmas DIY tips coming up, so stay tuned and read along. We hope that this Holiday season, you get to be inspired and motivated to get out of your comfort zone, listen to yourself, and start exploring the areas of your life that you have not yet discovered.
For more art inspiration, you may check out our social media channels where we share content daily. You will find tutorials and video demos by our ambassadors, and step-by-step guides on how to execute your desired artwork. Learn how to paint your own Watercolor Christmas Cards here, or how to create your Christmas Card in Oil Paints here.
[easy-tweet tweet=”We hope that this Holiday season, you get to be inspired and motivated to get out of your comfort zone, listen to yourself, and start exploring the areas of your life that you have not yet discovered. ” url=”https://www.zenartsupplies.co/2018/12/11/easy-and-simple-diy-christmas-cards-at-home” template=”light”]
MEET THE AUTHOR
Ardak Kassenova is mother, artist and ZenART Supplies co-founder. “My heart and soul were always with Art, and since my childhood as long as I remember myself, I was dreaming to be an artist. I was painting after work, when I had time, and teaching myself through the books, videos, visiting art galleries and museums. I’ve been very curious about different techniques and styles, and therefore accumulated knowledge and experience on a variety of mediums”.
After 20 years of successful corporate career and with becoming a mother to two wonderful girls, she decided that it’s time to make drastic changes and link her life with Art. She started to paint again and decided to create her own art supplies brand that would help artists to fulfil their creative dreams and achieve their best results since the beginning using high-quality art materials without wasting their precious time and money. Say hello to @ardak_zenart on Instagram!
You may also Like
Our aim is to provide you with the best quality artist materials while supporting you on your creative journey.
3 Easy DIY Christmas Decors
Ho-ho-ho! Christmas is just around the corner, and as much as it is the perfect downtime for relaxation, it’s also a time to ...
Art and Relationships: Creative Valentine...
In this article, I will tackle up how to combine art and relationships in an effective manner. Most artists usually wonder how ...